Tuesday 18 May 2010

Darren Shan


Would you say no?

Sure as hell I wouldn't.

Just watched the movie adaptation of the Darren Shan saga. (Well the first... 3 books I think.) Man, it got me thinking. The books were so great when I read them all those years ago and they were what actually allowed me to meet my current co author Robyn.
We were in the library at the tiome and she was readiung the 7th book and it had this badass yellow hook thing on it and was reading the first one and it was like just writing on the cover. She was in the line in front of me and I turned around and asked her; "When do the covers get cool like that?" She must have thought I was a complete fool.

Aww well, tings progressed, we became friends and the rest, they say, is history.

ANYWAY... I've progressed through 5 of the books now and would love to finish the seires again but unfortunately I'm off on study leave and therefore can't get into the school library to rent it out.

Eugh the OC bug is kicking in again. Must. Supress. OC. Creating. Urges.



2 comments:

  1. God, back in the day!
    I didn't like how much they changed in the movie, but Darren? I wouldn't say no.
    I should update my blog more.


    Silly exams.
    Killing everything fun in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm yeah Crepsley x Bearded woman was a bit much. And it messed up future plots. Plus Darren x Monkey Girl... she wasn't even pretty and there was no chemistry. Couldn't they have just been friends? Silly Hollywood.

    Although reading the first book it's nice to see the the writing style actually matures a the series goes on. I don't think I ever noticed it when I first read them but the first book is written like Darren's a bit special LOL There's an exclamation mark every 3rd sentence or so but as time progresses it gets darker and the writing starts to flow like a proper book should!

    God I wouldn't say no either, Chris Massoglia. I'm following him on Twitter he seems lovely, and he plays baseball like, constantly.

    ReplyDelete